Thursday 13 September 2012

Thursday's Kitchen Cupboard.

Do you love eating Chicken?
Do you like a few spices ?
Do you like mint?

Just had to share this really easy and tasty recipe from Madhur Jaffrey's cook book Curry Easy which I cooked for this first time this week.

                                              

Its called Chicken Karhai with Mint.  (Karhai means wok)

So chicken cooked quickly in a wok with mint.

Combine in a glass or ceramic bowl, then cover and leave in the fridge for at least 1/2 hour or as long as overnight.

550 g boned,skinned chicken about cut into 2cm pieces
1 teaspoon salt
freshly ground pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1  teaspoon ground coriander
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon garam masala
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
1 tablespoon of olive oil.


Put 3 tablespoons of oil in a wok or large frying pan and set over a medium to high heat.
When hot add 100g of chopped onions, I used fresh bunching onions.
Fry for 1 minute
Add all the chicken and all the marinade, stir-fry for 3 minutes or until the chicken is just cooked through.
Add 3 tablespoons of freshly chopped mint and fry for a few seconds.
Serve.......

I served it with plain boiled rice and some gently steamed cabbage tops.

One of those dishes which was even better the next day cold, I had it with a salad but would be great in a wrap.

Sharing this recipe with Robin and Thursday's Kitchen Garden

7 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy! Love all these ingredients. I will definitely have to save the recipe and try this soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, I think it will be a regular on our menu.

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful combination of flavors. I'm going to have to copy this recipe. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robin, the flavors are great especially the lemon juice.

      Delete
  3. Oh yum - I haven't tried curry with mint before (and I have tried a lot of curry) so I am really excited by the idea of this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great and very simple, I should give it a go and see how the girls take to it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to comment,I love reading them all!!