Tuesday 16 April 2013

Harvest Monday


When I go out to the veggie plot I don't think there will be much to pick as I haven't yet planted any seeds/seedlings (due to lack of rain) but again this week I am surprised at what has been available to harvest.

First up Cumquat's and a little Ginger which was planted in November just for fun...
                                                                           
They should make a nice little marmalade.
                                               
                                                                                  
There was more Basil, just on 2 kilos.

Sweet peppers and a few Roma tomatoes.
                                 
8 small Butter-nut pumpkins, these I picked a couple of weeks ago and they have been nesting on straw in the veggie garden to ripen in the sunshine. Today they have been stored away on the veranda.
                                                                        
Perpetual Spinach, parsley and more mystery broccoli.
                                                                           

Head over to Daphne's and see what others are harvesting from their plots.

4 comments:

  1. 2kgs of basil! WHOA! I'm growing basil too - but the smell really gets to me, so overpowering. Do you find that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the smell is very strong!! Iv'e just about had enough of pesto this summer!!

      Delete
  2. I'm looking forward to seeing how much ginger I get this year - I neglected it a bit so I'm not that confident but we shall see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I do hope you get enough to enjoy cooking with.

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to comment,I love reading them all!!