Thursday 27 October 2011

A Simple Treasure

I love coming upon a fellow blogger with lots of passion and ideas and recently was inspired to join along with Punky & Me http://punkysmamma.blogspot.com/2011/10/my-place-and-yours.html.

I know I'm scraping it in on the last day but would love to share a very simple item that i treasure.




This pincushion was made as a sampler by Marjorie my mother in law (shes 85) mother Eva, along with a needle card. 
Eva travelled by ship from America to Australia with her husband to start their new life together. 




Eva also brought along her special quilting sewing box this had travelled to many quilting days, there is even a built in shelf to rest your work upon if needed.
Many of the cottons left are woodon reels and are used now on my special projects.

A much loved treasure which i will to pass onto my daughters in the future.  
                                                                                                                                                            

5 comments:

  1. Oh I love the quilting box; it's very special, as is the pin cushion too of course. Ship from America to Australia; how long did that take?!

    Thanks so much for joining in this week Andrea... and you still had plenty of time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what special pieces to have! I love those tiny hexies, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Quilting Box is pure treasure, love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much to all for dropping by,
    Vic not sure about the length of trip but so glad they came, Eva has passed on wonderful sewing skills.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm visiting your post a bit late, but what an absolute treasure to have! It must be so inspiring to sit and sew at that lovely wooden desk and to use cottons that have a special connection to family history. Love it all!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to comment,I love reading them all!!