Monday 24 October 2011

Something Blue

Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed and Something Blue !! and maybe something I haven't revealed before!!

I confess, I have an addiction which I do keep under control MOST of the time, but when I see something old that has been made by hand I can't resist!! and I rescue, barter, swap, beg (not often) or buy it . These items can range from a simple wooden handle bread knife, a hand embroidered supper cloth or to this latest find!!

                                           





I just love the cotton-reel handle and its sits in our barn (future studio when I retire) like it was made to fit.
                                                                              
                    

                                                                                     

Now this cute little fellow, Alfred is the new addition to our family and already has caught his first bunny and alerted us to a brown snake
                                                                                 


I also like to borrow other peoples ideas and isn't this a great one to protect growing seedings!!

                                                                                                                                                                    


                                  Favorite Color Blue!
                                                                                     





                                                                                    
                                                                                    


4 comments:

  1. Hi Andrea! Alfred is SO SWEET what a character you can just see it in his expression :) Love that old door with the cotton reel handle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to tell you that Alfred stole this whole post! What a sweetheart!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in complete agreement, Alfred is the star here, though I love your latest find too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou, yes Alfred is a real sweet natured fellow very bright and loves everyone, i do feel he may feature in his own post!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to comment,I love reading them all!!